Visa for New Zealand
The Skilled Migration Category has been designed to attract highly skilled and qualified migrants to New Zealand, particularly in the industrial sectors and regions that are experiencing growth, but facing shortage of professionals. The country’s selection system is flexible and only important stages are taken into consideration before an applicant can apply for skilled migration to the country.
The Business Immigration visa has been designed for individuals who wish to start a new business, take over an existing business or place an investment in the country. There are majorly three types of New Zealand Business Visa:-
Investor Visa - This category attracts business people who have capital to invest in New Zealand. It allows them to be granted the permission to become permanent residents if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Entrepreneur - If you are an experienced business person and you want to be self-employed in your own business in New Zealand, applying for a work visa under the Entrepreneur Work Visa Category may be an option for you.
Employees of Relocating Business - This category facilitates the entry of employees of businesses that have relocated to New Zealand, and who do not qualify for residence under any other business category.
The Government of New Zealand encourages foreign students to study in their universities and colleges. Along with the studies, the students can also work for up to 20 hours a week. Students, who have completed the requisite qualifications and meet the permanent resident criteria, can apply for a work permit and/or permanent residency after completion of their studies.
The main objective of the New Zealand Work Visa is to contribute to the development of the industry and economy of the country by attracting skilled people from all across the world. There are two options under this: -
Work to Resident - This category allows individuals wishing to permanently settle in the country to upgrade their temporary work visa to a permanent resident visa.
Employment - This category allows New Zealand employers to hire foreign skilled workers for positions that are vacant which no local workers are able to fulfil.
To make an application for a Visitor’s Visa or Permit or a Limited Purpose Visa or Permit you will need to supply:
- A completed, signed Application for Visiting New Zealand (NZIS 1017) formal a recent passport size photograph
- Evidence of your financial support while in New Zealand. This may be:
- NZ $1000 per each person for each month, or
- NZ $400 for each person for each month if your accommodation is already paid (you will need to show evidence, such as prepaid hotel vouchers) Evidence of funds can be in the form of traveller’s cheques, bank draft, letters of credit or a bank statement in your name. Cash or credit cards may be accepted as evidence of funds.
- If you do not have the required funds, you will nee If you do not have the required funds, you will need a guarantee of accommodation and maintenance from a New Zealand citizen/resident friend or relative who lives in New Zealand and is able to be your sponsor. Your sponsor should complete the Sponsorship Form for Visiting New Zealand (NZIS 1025).